A New Book?



Well, One Third, my first and, as of yet, only book is fine. I'm happy I wrote it and feel mildly satisfied on that front though it a) hasn't been published and b) no one has really read it (but for you dear ones who soldier through snippets of it here on my blog; and for that, many thanks!) to say nothing of it helping me forge ahead in my dream to earn at least a partial living with my words.

That all said, I want to start a new book and I need your help. I want to compile stories/recollections of how you met that person in your life. Could be your lover, wife, husband, partner or your best friend, your buddy, your companion. I will call the edited collection of these accounts How We Met.

I find the story of how my husband and I met amusing; one of those, how random accounts! When I think of it all, I am amazed by all of the "what ifs" that aligned, the dominoes of chance that fell right where they needed to for it all to work out as it did. I enjoy our story and want to hear yours.

Send me your story though I can't pay you. Keep it a manageable size. Allow me to trim/tighten it, if I feel a need to. I'll gather your stories, add my own, introduce them with a poignant preface, and bam, we'll have a book!

If you're super ambitious, I'd love love both sides of the story of how you met your person; the husband's tale paired his wife's; the two friends. Ying Yang. We could compare these two sides of the coin to see how perception is such a slippery, fascinating fellow.

Send your submissions to weaver.meg@gmail.com by May Day, May 1st, 2010.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monkey Business & Development